At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Abbott Diagnostics Division is looking for an
Informatics Technical Specialist (m/f)
The Informatics Technical Specialist is the subject matter expert for the installation; integration; verification; and support of the Professional Services informatics solutions. Partners with other service colleagues, customer’s personnel that work with the Laboratory Information System and customer’s laboratory staff to complete pre-implementation planning and preparation; software installation; connectivity; verification testing; customer training; and technical support.
This role impacts customer satisfaction and revenue generation as the successful implementation of the informatics solution is fundamental for new customers to be up and running successfully. Also, enables value expansion opportunities for existing customers
Key Success Factors
- Form effective partnerships with external customers, Center of Excellence team members, internal sales and support organizations.
- Strong problem solving skills; knows when to engage other people in the organization to resolve customer’s issues in a timely matter.
- Effectively communicate with highly IT technical individuals and people without a technical background both at customer and organization’s multiple levels.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science; information systems; medical technology; or related field.
- 2 years of informatics technical application experience in hospital or laboratory settings.
- 3 years of experience on server technologies/services; workstation/desktop technology; internet protocols; remote connectivity; corporate virus protection products; back-up systems; firewalls and VPN client and tunnel technologies.
Abbott Germany has a range and variety of jobs on offer in a positive and dynamic environment that allows you to maintain a healthy work-life balance. We provide development opportunities as part of our comprehensive Talent Management Program. Your contribution to the company’s success will be rewarded with a competitive salary package. We offer comprehensive benefits to suit the lifestyles of all our employees, from a retirement plan that is far above market average, a save-as-you-earn program, to educational scholarships for children, and health management initiatives for staff and their dependents.
Do you like the sound of this job and think you’ve got what it takes? Then send us your CV today. We look forward to receiving your application.
Germany > Wiesbaden-Delkenheim : G20
Germany : Remote
Yes, 75 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES: