At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
In Germany, Abbott has approximately 3,000 employees working in manufacturing, research and development, logistics, sales and marketing. They are located at Abbott`s German headquarters in Wiesbaden and its sites in Hanover, Neustadt am Rübenberge, Wetzlar, Eschborn and Witten. St. Jude Medical is now Abbott.
Abbott Diagnostics (ADD) is looking for a
Global Service Professional (m/f)
- Position scope is within the product family supported by technical team.
- Communicate effectively with global area and country service and support communities. Represent the function to other areas of the company and outside the company.
- Ensure compliance to regulatory requirements; understand and apply GMP; understand quality and procedures and provide resources for compliance (i.e. training).
- Resolve or raise issues to the appropriate level for resolution.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Develop new service strategy for the new product. This includes service costs analysis, parts stocking recommendation, remote diagnostics strategies, life-cycle planning
- Identifies and troubleshoots basic instrument and / or assay issues and develop an action plan for account resolution
- Performs technical responsibilities of local service personnel, such as performing repairs, Technical Service Bulletins and installations
- Assure that Service Documentation for the new product is developed and implemented and that lessons learned are incorporated
- Contributes to the development and implementation of internal and external service training
- Subject Matter Expert for all Service related activities in preparation for the product launch in Europe
- Responsible for technical service and support documentation; including ISAs, TSBs, KMs, Service and Support manuals and user impact for application documentation
- May require extensive global travel with little or no notice. Communicate effectively with peers and leaders from different countries and cultures on a daily basis. Share best practices and processes globally to impact service effectiveness
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent certification in Science or Engineering or related field.
- Experience in diagnostic industry and / or laboratory environment preferred
- Alinity and Architect / Immunoassay / Clinical Chemistry experience preferred
- Knowledge of system log analysis tools is preferred
- Experience in conducting technical product trainings for internal staff and / or end-customers
- Strong communication and presentation skills in English, multi-cultural awareness
- Result- and service oriented style of working
- Ability to priorities and to quickly switch perspective between technical detail and the wider organizational content
Abbott Germany has a range and variety of jobs on offer in a positive and dynamic environment that allows you to maintain a healthy work-life balance. We provide development opportunities as part of our comprehensive Talent Management Program. Your contribution to the company's success will be rewarded with a competitive salary package. We offer comprehensive benefits to suit the lifestyles of all our employees, from a retirement plan that is far above market average, a save-as-you-earn program, to educational scholarships for children, and health management initiatives for staff and their dependents.
Do you like the sound of this job and think you've got what it takes?
Then send us your CV today. We look forward to receiving your application.
Germany > Wiesbaden-Delkenheim : G20
Germany : Remote
Yes, 50 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES: