At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
In Germany, Abbott has more than 3,000 employees working in manufacturing, research and development, logistics, sales and marketing. They are located at Abbott`s German headquarters in Wiesbaden and its sites in Hanover, Neustadt am Rübenberge, Wetzlar, Eschborn and Witten. Alere in Cologne and Jena is now Abbott.
Discover why candidates choose a career with Abbott in Germany.
Abbott Diagnostics (ADD) is looking for a
Global Service Engineer (m/f)
for the Gobal Core Service Department based in Wiesbaden, Germany.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a service strategy for our new diagnostic product family by analyzing service s costs, recommending stocking of spare parts, remote access processes as well as product life-cycle planning.
- Act as the subject matter expert for all service related activities in preparation for the product launch in Europe
- Identify basic device / instrument and assay issues. develop an action plan for account resolution
- Provide technical support such as troubleshooting, technical service bulletins and installations (accordingly to the responsibilities of local service teams)
- Be responsible for continuous development of our products as ensuring lessons learned are implemented and incorporated as well as for technical service and support documentation;
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent certification in Science or Engineering or related field.
- Experiences in diagnostic industry and / or laboratory environment preferred
- Knowledge of system log analysis tools is preferred
- Experience in conducting technical product trainings for employees and / or customers
- Strong communication and presentation skills in English, multi-cultural awareness
- Result- and service oriented style of working
- Ability to priorities and to quickly switch perspective between technical detail and the wider organizational content
- Openess to travel (up to 60% )
Abbott Germany has a range and variety of jobs on offer in a positive and dynamic environment that allows you to maintain a healthy work-life balance. We provide development opportunities as part of our comprehensive Talent Management Program. Your contribution to the company’s success will be rewarded with a competitive salary package. We offer comprehensive benefits to suit the lifestyles of all our employees, from a retirement plan that is far above market average, a save-as-you-earn program, to educational scholarships for children, and health management initiatives for staff and their dependents.
Do you like the sound of this job and think you’ve got what it takes? Then send us your CV today. We look forward to receiving your application.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce
Germany > Wiesbaden-Delkenheim : G20
Germany : Remote
Yes, 50 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES: