At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
In Germany, Abbott has more than 3,000 employees working in manufacturing, research and development, logistics, sales and marketing. They are located at Abbott`s German headquarters in Wiesbaden and its sites in Hanover, Neustadt am Rübenberge, Wetzlar, Eschborn and Witten. Alere in Cologne and Jena is now Abbott.
Abbott Molecular Diagnostics Division is looking for a
Field Service Engineer (m/f)
to support the launch of our new Alinity-m instruments across DACH and EMEA.
- Installation and implementation of new Molecular systems in current and new customers sites.
- Performing preventative maintenance interventions (PMIs), Hardware and Software upgrades and
repair interventions on molecular instrumentation
- Troubleshoot Application and Instrumentation by telephone and on site, complaint logging and
tracking in Call Management Systems
- Providing on-site customer support for software and hardware upgrade training
- Actively participating in Abbott Molecular conference calls, service summits, expert meetings and
- Providing primary service and support to the defined territory
- Providing back-up service support outside of assigned territory as needed
- Maintaining and managing own Spare Parts Field Service inventory kits according to defined
- Actively cooperating, collaborating and communicating with Application Support Specialists and
the Commercial team to support business growth
- Co-operating within the field service team on continuous product and process improvements to
provide a legendary service experience to our customers
- Reports Monthly Highlights to Service Management
- Represents Abbott in a professional manner at all times to develop and preserve a positive
customer relationship and achieve customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Degree, Diploma Engineer, or qualification in Electronic Engineering, Bio-medical Engineering, or
- Previous experience in Field Service and Customer Service is highly desirable.
- Good computer and IT skills is desirable
- Fluency in English, including the ability to write reports, technical documentation and problem
descriptions in English language. Able to complete technical service trainings delivered in English
- German language is a must
- Team oriented with highly developed communication skills
Abbott Germany has a range and variety of jobs on offer in a positive and dynamic environment that allows you to maintain a healthy work-life balance. We provide development opportunities as part of our comprehensive Talent Management Program. Your contribution to the company’s success will be rewarded with a competitive salary package. We offer comprehensive benefits to suit the lifestyles of all our employees, from a retirement plan that is far above market average, a save-as-you-earn program, to educational scholarships for children, and health management initiatives for staff and their dependents.
Do you like the sound of this job and think you’ve got what it takes? Then send us your CV today. We look forward to receiving your application.
Discover why candidates choose a career with Abbott in Germany.
Germany > Wiesbaden-Delkenheim : G20
Austria : Remote
Yes, 75 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES: