At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
In Germany, Abbott has more than 3,000 employees working in manufacturing, research and development, logistics, sales and marketing. They are located at Abbott`s German headquarters in Wiesbaden and its sites in Hanover, Neustadt am Rübenberge, Wetzlar, Eschborn and Witten. Alere in Cologne and Jena is now Abbott.
Abbott Diagnostics Division is looking for a Demand Planner (m/f) based in Wiesbaden.
The position holder supports the demand planning organization to achieve strategic goals by launching new Transfusion products, optimizing inventory levels and customer order fill rate, and supporting strategic initiatives
- Develops and executes practices to manage the flow of material between suppliers, manufacturing areas and internal customers; ensures maximum resource utilization.
- Creates and manages area or country product/shipment allocations during times of short supply to minimize variances of reagent sales.
- Manages material procurement and World Wide distribution of Instrument and spare parts inventory.
- Optimizes inventory, customer service and profitability of each commercial operations area.
- Develops WW communications between areas, countries and manufacturing.
- Develops short term options for crisis resolution.
- Coordinates and supports new product launches and retirements.
- Creates and controls forecasting models to predict product volume.
- Considers market trends and influences that directly affect forecast accuracy.
- Creates and manages shipment allocations.
- Serves as team leader in projects that are cross functional in nature, e.g. new product improvements, compliance, site activities. Communicates internal and external to ADD Abbott worldwide and to outside suppliers.
- Administration and further development of Demand Planning systems
- Support General Management with statistics & reports
- Bachelors degree required with 3-6 years manufacturing, materials, finance or marketing/sales experience. Exceptions to the degree requirement will be considered
- Ideally experience with Logistics, Planning & Commercial Sales
- Excellent MS Office skills, especially Excel and PowerPoint and Access
- General interest in software applications
- Team player. Strong analytical skills as well as critical thinking skills
- Self-Starter with problem solving skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Good communication and presentation skills to present data to upper management
- Good numerical skills to recognize and interpret both history and forecasts
- Excellent English skills
Abbott Germany has a range and variety of jobs on offer in a positive and dynamic environment that allows you to maintain a healthy work-life balance. We provide development opportunities as part of our comprehensive Talent Management Program. Your contribution to the company's success will be rewarded with a competitive salary package. We offer comprehensive benefits to suit the lifestyles of all our employees, from a retirement plan that is far above market average, a save-as-you-earn program, to educational scholarships for children, and health management initiatives for staff and their dependents.
Do you like the sound of this job and think you've got what it takes? Then send us your CV today. We look forward to receiving your application.
Discover why candidates choose a career with Abbott in Germany.
Germany > Wiesbaden-Delkenheim : G05
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES: