Associate Sr., Customer Service
Working independently and in team environment under minimal supervision, provides sales order and/or inventory management support to sales representatives, hospitals, clinics and physicians. Processes customer orders submitted via multiple channels, including phone, fax, Electronic Data Interchange and e-mail. Fills customer orders and/or provides inventory support for products and services accurately, expeditiously, and under special circumstances.
Job Duties: List the significant/essential duties, tasks or responsibilities which employees in this position are required to perform.
- Manages, coordinates and analyzes the rental and purchase business sales cycle by determining the needs of our customers and provides guidance ensuring compliance to programs and customer satisfaction. Manages and facilitates rental and purchase orders, shipments, trunk stock, unit tracking, determines sourcing and coordinates deliveries with manufacturing, warehouse or 3PL as needed working with field personnel, internal/external customers and customer service staff
- Follows up and resolves discrepancies, credit holds, training requirements or product availability issues in a timely manner. Ensures proactive communication to our customers on order status, expected release dates or requirements needed to fulfill order.
- Support a continuous improvement environment for department processes including order processing and invoicing transactions, returns processing, backorder processing, credit requests, and new product launches.
- Develops rapport with customers and field sales/clinical personnel via verbal and written communication.
- May be assigned to assist on projects requiring more direct and diverse experience and expertise within the Customer Service department.
- Provides and communicates inventory status updates and support. Performs advanced transactions requiring research and intra-department coordination and/or approvals. Manages allocations cross functionally and provides direction to team on shipments. Provides inventory tracking and support for all company devices. Transacts inventory movement and status changes. Researches and processes billing correction requests to ensure proper billing and corrects commission payments on all devices. Provides accurate entry and field support for clinical procedure calendar when required.
- Responsible for obtaining approvals, issuing and tracking returns and issuing credits based on procedures. Works with customers to expedite the return through to resolution
- Researches, troubleshoots, investigates and resolves customer challenges to ensure timely resolution and high customer satisfaction. Analyzes and interprets the customer requirements and develops feasible solutions working with other related personnel when problems and/or inquiries arise.
- Keeps current on all products offered by company. Monitors, understands and implements changes in regulatory requirements or CS processes.
- Ensures all system requirements are met prior to product distribution. Processes product distribution releases in the ERP system once required documentation is obtained.
- Actively participates in FSCA or recall activities such as contact report generation, tracking of devices shipped/exchanged, creating and implementing action plans to support activities, progress reporting and providing direction to internal/external customers with product handling, monitoring inventory for exchanges and ensuring documentation meets RA/QA requirements.
- Conducts sales order audits and works collaboratively with Customer Service Management in analyzing, preparing and responding to Sarbanes Oxley and/or regulatory agency audit requirements. Conducts and analyzes all Customer Service audits and provide recommendations and feedback.
- Provides timely feedback to Information Systems on any systems issues.
- Performs consignment inventory initial set-up, audits and troubleshoots discrepancies through to resolution with external customers. May generate reports on inventory and consignment products for field or management distribution.
- Maintains Accounts and Contacts within the ERP and CRM Databases, including maintenance, updates, reporting, duplicate resolution and regular auditing. Creates reports in CRM Database and act as internal contact for data pulls.
- Works on or facilitates process improvement and projects under the supervision of the Customer Service Lead/Supervisor/Manager. Manages assignments where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations.
- Proactively and effectively communicates and interacts with internal and external customers to ensure priorities and exceptions are clearly understood. Maintains and models positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Handles issues and resolves and/or facilitates resolution of problems including identifying causes to prevent re-occurrence.
- Receives and responds to customer product complaints, determines validity of warranty period, processes credits, works with internal personnel to schedule installs, ship replacements or loaned equipment to address immediate customer needs. Receives and responds to customer service complaints, researches and analyzes data to facilitate resolution of trended occurences, escalates as appropriate
- Establishes and maintains a business climate that fosters positive and cooperative working relationships with all levels of employees, customers, contractors and vendors.
- Handles after hours delivery and technical question coordination (after hours pager)
- Determines and creates guidelines and/or procedures on new or sustaining programs, processes, and product launches and may coordinate or direct activities of others.
- May develop and generate routine or custom reports as needed for Internal and/or External Customers.
- Provides technical leadership to Customer Service team(s) for transactional and/or technical questions and processes including areas related to ERP functionality and other systems and processes used by Customer Service teams. Provides timely feedback to Information Systems on any systems issues.
- Acts as focal point for the Customer Service Department for members to escalate problem solving and/or issues to and creates/makes proposals to management for consideration and adoption. May lead the implementation.
- Monitors appropriate transactional workflow queues and assign/reassign resources as necessary to accommodate daily business volumes and requirements as well as departmental metrics.
- May provide training to new employees and provide updated business process communications and or materials. May develop training material and executes training on subject matter to Customer Service team. Identify deficiencies and opportunities in specific or overall training needs for individuals and the team and ensure documentation meets the division quality standards
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements. Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
- Possibility of scheduled overtime may be a requirement.
JOB FAMILY:Customer Service
DIVISION:CAHF Cardiac Arrhythmias & Heart Failure
LOCATION:United States > Minnesota : One Lillehei Plaza
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf