(Associate) Scientist (m/w)
At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
In Germany, Abbott has approximately 2,700 employees working in manufacturing, research and development, logistics, sales and marketing. They are located at Abbott`s German headquarters in Wiesbaden and its sites in Hanover, Neustadt am Rübenberge, Wetzlar, Eschborn and Witten. St. Jude Medical is now Abbott.
Abbott Diagnostics Division is currently looking for a
(Associate) Scientist (m/w)
based in Wiesbaden (Germany)
The position is limited for 2 years
- Conducts experiments, accomplishes established milestones and summarizes data, interprets results and draws conclusions.
- Recommends options for other project approaches or experiments.
- Internal data presentations within R&D organization.
Expertise and Problem Solving:
- Troubleshoots instrumentation or experiments. Recognizes and resolves technical problems; evaluates options for complex experimental problems; utilizes analytical instruments.
- Participates in project planning and updates; executes project plan; participates in defining project goals;
- Participates in routine maintenance and lab safety.
- Appropriately documents experimental procedures and results according to established guidelines.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
- MTA, BTA, CTA (or equivalent), University Diploma, Ing., Dipl.-Ing. (FH), B.S./M.S. in life or physical science.
- Basic computer skills, experience in data management is desirable
- Fluent in German, advanced English language skills.
- Knowledge of analytical instruments assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to work in rotating shifts
- Ability to work temporarily at other Abbott sites
- Highly flexible and motivated
- Working and communicating in an international team
- Architect testing experience is beneficial
Abbott Germany has a range and variety of jobs on offer in a positive and dynamic environment that allows you to maintain a healthy work-life balance. We provide development opportunities as part of our comprehensive Talent Management Program. Your contribution to the company’s success will be rewarded with a competitive salary package. We offer comprehensive benefits to suit the lifestyles of all our employees, from a retirement plan that is far above market average, a save-as-you-earn program, to educational scholarships for children, and health management initiatives for staff and their dependents.
Do you like the sound of this job and think you’ve got what it takes? Then send us your CV today. We look forward to receiving your application.
JOB FAMILY:Research and Discovery
LOCATION:Germany > Wiesbaden-Delkenheim : G02
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Not Applicable