At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
In Germany, Abbott has approximately 3,000 employees working in manufacturing, research and development, logistics, sales and marketing. They are located at Abbott`s German headquarters in Wiesbaden and its sites in Hanover, Neustadt am Rübenberge, Wetzlar, Eschborn and Witten. St. Jude Medical is now Abbott.
Abbott Established Pharmaceutical Division (EPD) is looking for a
Analytical Scientist (m/f)
based in Hannover, Germany
The core Job responsibility of the Analytical Scientist is to perform analytical development activities supporting drug product development.
The position reports to department head or lab manager Analytical Development.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Act as primary contact for Formulation Scientist and CMC Program Manager to provide analytical support within Drug Product Development for assigned project
- Guide and perform method development for drug substances and drug products
- Implement, optimize and validate analytical methods for pharmaceutical products
- Plan and perform method transfer activities and represent analytical development in tech transfer teams
- Perform analytical tests using established methods including release testing of clinical supplies and stability testing
- Evaluate complex analytical data, prepare and update documentation (methods, reports and plans) related to analytical development
- Support and follow GMP measurements
- Represent analytical development and present in global project teams
- Coach and provide technical input to technical experts
- Support introduction or update of new analytical technologies
- Scientist (Pharmacist, Chemist, Chemical Engineer or comparable qualification) with at least bachelor degree or comparable degree
- Advanced analytical knowledge and experience
- Theoretical and practical knowledge and experience in the field of chromatographic methods, dissolution testing and spectroscopy (FTIR/ Rman) related to formulation development
- Theoretical and practical knowledge and experience in further analytical methods (LC-MS/MS) preferred
- Advanced knowledge in German and English language
- At least 2-3 years experience within quality control and/or analytical development in pharmaceutical industry, ideally in the generics field
Abbott Germany has a range and variety of jobs on offer in a positive and dynamic environment that allows you to maintain a healthy work-life balance. We provide development opportunities as part of our comprehensive Talent Management Program. Your contribution to the company's success will be rewarded with a competitive salary package. We offer comprehensive benefits to suit the lifestyles of all our employees, from a retirement plan that is far above market average, a save-as-you-earn program, to educational scholarships for children, and health management initiatives for staff and their dependents.
Do you like the sound of this job and think you've got what it takes?
Then send us your CV today. We look forward to receiving your application.
EPD Established Pharma
Germany > Hannover : 13
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES: