Apply nowAdd job to shortlistRemove from shortlist
Looking for a taste of working life in an international, future-focused corporate group? Then complete an internship with us, or come to us to write your thesis. Both options are open for 3-6 months, depending on your course of study and subject to approval. ABB will provide you with wide-ranging, professional and expert support to help you complete your thesis. Expand your network now, and learn about our company as you undertake a practically focused thesis or internship.
Students at ABB are high-potential researchers and developers who strive to create and implement new solutions for industry. As part of the optimization & operational analytics team at ABB Corporate Research Center Germany you will work on software demonstrators and prototypes for research projects. You will design, develop, and test software for industrial applications in close collaboration with our interdisciplinary and international project teams. We expect you to be willing to tackle difficult problems, motivated to code, and proactive in coming up with new ideas on how to improve our products and processes.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Research, conceive and develop algorithms and software to extend and improve on ABB's product offering
• Work on hot topics such as optimization, data analytics, or machine learning
• Work in a team of researchers and contribute solutions and/or useful feedback to all problems that come your way
• Present results to team members and create documentation of your work
• Studying Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or related
• Knowledge in one of the following fields: operations research, data analytics, mathematical optimization, algorithmics, or machine learning
• Excellent programming skills (e.g., C#, Java, C++ , Python, R) and a strong grasp of object-oriented programming
• Experience in Software Engineering and System Architecture is a plus
• Domain knowledge in process automation/process engineering, power devices, robotics, or another area of ABB's business is a plus
• Good verbal and written English communication skills
We believe in fairness, so interns (m/f) who join us will benefit from our expertise as they expand their own knowledge. We give you the scope to try things out for yourself and obtain practical experience. Your time is valuable, so you will receive appropriate remuneration for the duration of the internship.
Please note that internships are generally limited to six months, while voluntary internships during a bachelor course are for a maximum of three months.
Please state whether you are applying for a voluntary internship or undertaking a mandatory internship, and be sure to enclose your certificate of enrolment. In the case of mandatory internships, please include the corresponding extract from your university's internship guidelines.
With the approval of your university, you can complete your bachelor or master's degree by spending three or six months with us as you work on a practically focused thesis. You define the subject matter with us, with the support of the right contacts in various departments.
Interested? Then we look forward to receiving your informative application (cover letter, CV, certificate of enrolment, current transcript of grades and other supporting documents) through our online careers tool.
ABB Training Center GmbH & Co. KG
Eppelheimer Straße 82
- Contract type:
- Business unit:
- Date posted:
- Job function:
- Research and Development
- Publication ID:
Strong position in research & development are a prerequisite for ABB's business success. Essential contributions grow out of the collaboration of ABB's research and operational organization. Our Corporate Research Center close to Heidelberg in Germany is one of nine ABB Corporate Research Centers worldwide.
Share this job ad.
Know someone who might be interested in this job? Email this posting directly and encourage people to make a better world with us.