Internship (m/f) Software Engineer Germany
Looking for a taste of working life in an international, future-focused corporate group? Then join us as an intern (m/f) and familiarise yourself with a suitable department for 3 to 6 months. You will be involved in large-scale projects and perform a defined set of duties independently. Use your internship to build a network and become familiar with our company.
Software Engineering interns at ABB are high-potential researchers and developers who strive to create and implement complex power and automation solutions. You will help develop software for state-of-the-art automation systems, controllers, and engineering tools which require research, awareness, team-work and willingness to experiment hands-on with the latest software platforms, software engineering methods, embedded systems, and model driven technologies. We expect you to show readiness to tackle difficult problems, above-average motivation to program, and proactiveness to come up with new ideas on how to improve our products and processes.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Research, conceive and develop software applications to extend and improve on ABB's product offering.
• Contribute to a wide variety of projects including sustainable and fault tolerant software architectures, software development frameworks, embedded software, functional safety, formal methods, and real-time computing
• Researching hot topics such as cloud computing, motion sensing applications, or reliable multi-core systems
• Work in a team of researchers and contribute solutions and/or useful feedback to all problems that come your way.
• Experience in software engineering, algorithms, and systems software
• Basic modeling and software architecture knowledge
• Good programming skills, e.g. C/C++ or C#
• Experience with UNIX/Linux or Windows environments
• Good English speaking/writing skills
We believe in fairness, so interns (m/f) who join us will benefit from our expertise as they expand their own knowledge. We give you the scope to try things out for yourself and obtain practical experience. Your time is valuable, so you will receive appropriate remuneration for the duration of the internship.
Please note that internships are generally limited to six months, while voluntary internships during a bachelor course are for a maximum of three months.
Please state whether you are applying for a voluntary internship or undertaking a mandatory internship, and be sure to enclose your certificate of enrolment. In the case of mandatory internships, please include the corresponding extract from your university's internship guidelines.
Interested? Then we look forward to receiving your informative application (cover letter, CV, certificate of enrolment, current transcript of grades and other supporting documents) through our online careers tool.
ABB Training Center GmbH & Co. KG
Eppelheimer Straße 82
- Contract type:
- Business unit:
- Date posted:
- Job function:
- Research and Development
- Publication ID:
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing more than a 125-year history of innovation, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization and driving the Energy and Fourth Industrial Revolutions. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 132,000 employees www.abb.com
Share this job ad.
Know someone who might be interested in this job? Email this posting directly and encourage people to make a better world with us.